Xara graphics software

Friday, September 18, 2009

Rice Cooker: Chicken and Rice

The Chicken and Rice dish has millions of recipes (maybe I am exaggerating) but anyway has many recipes. Mine is different, of course, and I am asking you to try it. This recipes does not require a rice cooker if you are an expert cooking rice without the modern age rice cooker that makes everything so easy. I make my chicken and rice dish using a rice cooker, otherwise I would not be able to eat rice at all. I added some vegetables together with rice and chicken and came out delicious every time. Even my teenage daughter likes it!

Ingredients: 
  • 2 chicken breast cut into 1' squares (cubes)
  • 1 cup Mahatma white enriched long grain rice
  • 2 medium size carrots coarsely chopped
  • 2-3 stalks celery coarsely chopped
  • 1 small can sweet peas
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 1/2 cups chicken broth (I like my rice moist -- you use as much as normally use for cooking rice)
Preparation: I brown the chicken pieces before I put them into the rice. You don't have to. Now this is the hard part with the rice cooker: drop everything in the rice cooker, close the lid and choose cooking level for white rice. Immediately start watching a movie or something on TV or even go to the movies. The rice cooker will take care of the rest. If you don't have a rice cooker ... good luck! I don't know how to cook rice. But I guess that you start cooking the rice, then cook the chicken pieces and then at some point mix everything together and keep simmering till is all done. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment